Thursday, August 16, 2007

Just Breathe

So today I just spent nearly 2 weeks' spending money buying the first season of Namaste Yoga on DVD. Why? Because that show is freaking hypnotic. I think I've finally found an exercise routine that works for me...and I'm looking forward to doing it every day rather than getting up insanely early on my non-work weekends to catch it. And of course I'll still be watching it at work!

That's one thing I love about the rise of the DVD (despite my aversion to the concept of the start menu and the illusion of being able to stop and start wherever you want when your remote gives you the "restricted" sign at all the parts you'd wanna skip anyway). With it has arisen the concept of being able to own every episode of a TV show to watch at your leisure. My first childhood obsession with Punky Brewster may have only lasted through 1986-87, but it was strong enough to teach me all about the emotional anguish that can arise from becoming too attached to any show that only comes on once a week. I'm done with revolving my life around being home on a certain night...and going insane when it inevitably gets cancelled or I'm forced to be elsewhere on My Night. It didn't take me long to learn that. Now I own 3 seasons of Punky Brewster, 6 of Star Trek: TNG and one of Roseanne...sheesh, all I need is a couple of Futurama and I won't even need cable anymore!

No comments: