Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Countdown to Christmas

Don's one of those people who get irritated when people put up Christmas decorations early...so our compromise is the first of December. In my anticipation I have already wrapped some gifts:

BEFORE:

AFTER:


I gotta say...my parents ROCK. They just DO.

It's like a family tradition. My dad always happens to be working in the US till right around Christmas, and whatever my mom can't find in Canada, he picks up down there. In 1991 it was a Super Nintendo...we were the first kids on the block to have one! This year, he found IT. Yes, the ONE thing I've been looking for since August...the ONE thing Antonio says he wants...my dad found Flo's V8 Cafe in the first toy store he went into!!! Wahhooooooooooooooooo!!!

We broke in the fireplace and our new fireplace tools. And set off the smoke alarm too! I guess it's a pretty efficient way when all else fails to figure out if the flue is OPEN or CLOSED!

Baked some gingerbread cookies last week, and some PB cookies for Don yesterday...getting into the holiday baking mode now! We've almost finished our shopping but still have to put things together, get them wrapped and send them off.

Antonio's pinkeye is better but now he's got the 24-hour flu. At least, I HOPE it's only 24 hours!!! It breaks my heart to see him sick. I had him with me all day and once he had his Gravol he thought he was all better and wanted food, but I couldn't give him any...I couldn't even eat anything myself, I just felt too guilty!!! And of course, he was totally uninterested in the Pedialyte. Hope he's himself again tomorrow morning!


Made a couple more LO's recently, just for fun. One for a
KC challenge, one for a personal challenge...I think the main reason I picked up some of those BG LilyKate papers last summer was because I wanted to force myself to come up with a way to use papers that appear impossible to incorporate into any LO. Because I knew that once I figured out that way, the results would probably be surprisingly stunning.

I think my new favourite scrapbook product line is My Mind's Eye. Holy freaking wow the Bohemia and Signature series...and the new Magnolia line
Scrapbooking Cafe just got in...this stuff was totally made for me!!! But then again...who can ever pick a favourite?!



No comments: