Monday, December 10, 2007

Warning: Spoilers Within


Not yet, don't worry. I don't know why I chose today to update. We'll see if this one makes it to "Publish".
Anyway here are a few of my latest layouts..."latest" meaning new since I last updated. I've been feelng a bit introverted with my scrapping recently. I guess with a shelf full of what I think of as the "glorified photo album" kind of layouts, I'm looking into scrapbooking also as a means of journalling my life. I don't really write a journal, not at the moment, anyway...but scrapping is kind of a neat way to record emotions, random thoughts and creative habits as well as just life's moments and events. I've also been feeling Christmasy, so there's a few of those in here too.

Don and I saw Beowulf today. We actually meant to see it 2 weeks ago, but it wasn't playing at the right time...ended up seeing August Rush instead. Neither of us had heard of it, but it sounded better than Fred Claus, and those were the only 2 playing a a time we could be out of in time to pick up Tones. It was freaking awesome!!! Sappy as anything, but fortunately Don and I being music people (and parents) were the perfect audience for this brand of cheese. I would totally see it again.
Beowulf, on the other hand...wasn't exactly what I expected. Not that it was bad, or anything. Call me a dunce, but I never realized this was an animated movie...apparently Don had seen the reviews so he knew...instead, I spent the whole picture wondering why all the women had no expression on their faces and their dresses never wrinkled when they sat down. This is the most realistic computer animation I have ever seen...perhaps they intended for people to not be able to tell the difference. The problem is, it borders so close to reality that one who is none the wiser (aka me) judges it as a live-action movie with actors who move like robots injected with huge amounts of Bo-Tox. I remember thinking the same thing about that Final Fantasy movie a few years ago. It's just my personal opinion but computer animation is good for special effects, other than that I think it's best left to kids' movies. Fantasy and reality are both better in their pure forms.

Speaking of which...I'm supposed to see Enchanted with a friend from work this week. This will be the third week we've attempted to get out to see it. First she got called into work, then she lost her phone and we couldn't get a hold of each other...maybe third time will be the charm? I rarely get to see Disney movies...so we'll see if this one can prove me wrong about my whole outlook on fantasy meets reality.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

WOW Kim. I am so glad you shared your blog link. Your layouts are fabulous and a peek into who you are was fun. Will be back for more....Sure hope you update since those of us at KC will be visiting you.