Saturday, February 02, 2008

Dreams of Spring


Hmmm, well there's a change...I actually shared my blog link!!! So in the eventuality that I have company, let's update.

I went to FLORIDA!!! I have never been anywhere where you can wear a tank top in January before, and living where I do it was very hard to visualize till I stepped out of Ft. Lauderdale airport. Oh wow did I need that! It was just the perfect escape, and though I did have to eventually return to the white stuff again, I'm glad I got to skip a week of it. I'm trying to have a positive attitude, but I get cold so easily. I'm triple and quadruple layering my clothing every day. Well, it's February now...and I'm already looking forward to spring.


Anyway, I am still scrapping, and still designing for KC, though unfortunately Scrapbooking Cafe has gone under. I won't get into the long story again but suffice it to say I'm disappointed.

Haven't bought a lot of new scrap stuff since the Boxing Day clearance at the OTHER LSS that closed up shop suddenly. I understand that business is a tough world and all, but really, it would be so nice for once if a store would give a little bit of notice before they fled town, kwim?


I'm also working lots and lots of night shifts, mostly on call. I've discovered I love night shifts. Once you get past re-setting your internal clock, it's actually one of the best shifts you can work. I do well working alone...I like a job where I can sing while I mop and watch Star Trek: TNG while I clean wheelchairs. The only questions is what will I do this summer when Tones is home from school all day?! I hope they have lots of weekends available!

I've made a friend from work, who I have successfully turned into a scrapbooker. In payment, she has successfully turned me into a Harry Potter junkie. Neither of us are complaining though, and enjoy a weekly routine of cropping together while watching HP movies.


Oh, how the time flies when you get up at 4:30! I have to be off to yet another night shift in a little while so I better wrap this up so I have time to make myself a big bag of popcorn to bring with me. Sweet Dreams!

No comments: