Friday, September 03, 2010

Another one from the vault

I've been following the challenges at Scrap Yourself since the site began earlier this year, and have gotten so many wonderful ideas! Regrettably I didn't get to put many of them into action yet, but as there aren't really any time restraints on them, I may still yet...hopefully even later this month!

The latest challenge (by a scrapper who happens to share my first name) was called Guilty Pleasures, and was about the artist's addiction to paranormal romance novels such as the Twilight series. I also enjoyed those books, though I must say I do have my own favourites. Speaking of which...this challenge reminds me a lot of a layout I have from three years ago. In a way this feels like "cheating" since it's an oldie, but then again, there really are no rules over at Scrap Yourself, just pure inspiration. And this was such a cool coincidence I just had to drag it out again.



This was one of 4 layouts inspired by a Making Memories class at CKC Buffalo that I can't remember the name of, but really enjoyed. I didn't even give this one all that much thought at the time, since the others required a bit more detail. I had this stock photo of me reading one of my beloved LOTR books and pretty much just plugged it into the right place, gave it a title and some journalling, and called it a day. And 3 years later I come across a layout of the same name, also about favourite books...and it seemed the perfect opportunity to take another look at this one again! Thank you Scrap Yourself for your inspiration, not just in creating layouts but in reminiscing through old ones with new perspectives. It's all about the memories.

1 comment:

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Cute layout. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)