Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Christmas Memories: 1986-1987


This is the only 2-page spread in this album and probably always will be, as the album's up-to-date and it's hard to plan 2-page spreads over the course of a year. It's also the only layout with no actual photos. Now if I'm going to do a photo-less layout there needs to be a good reason explained in the journalling, and the short answer is there were no pictures of '86 or '87. The longer answer is that my dad got a video camera in 1986 and the 2-4 year gap in photos in my family history is replaced by 2-4 years of classic home videos, which still remain on VHS and I haven't figured out how to convert into any other format yet.




These pages use my second favourite Basic Grey Christmas paper line, Figgy Pudding. (my #1 fave Christmas paper line is Basic Grey Blitzen, their first Christmas line, which I pretty much had used up by the time this album was started). My other fave part of these 2 pages is the date snaps (top corners on both ends, sort of cut off on this scan). There were a ton of these on clearance and I snagged up the dates I needed with this page already in mind.

No comments: