Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I like to move it move it....

Friday is The Day. Looks like our crazy weekend of faxing back and forth with my parents actually paid off...Monday night we made our down payment, and were handed The Key!!! So for 2 days, I've been using the window of time between when work finishes and when Tones needs to be picked up, to start moving things. You know, stuff like coats and lamps, and those inevitable odd-shaped decorations that don't fit into any normal sized box. Today I lucked out...brought up a shopping cart to my apartment, and someone had left one on the 15th floor too, so I filled BOTH of them and transported a good haul today.



Then I got a call on my cell...looks like I landed another relief job!!! All right!!!!!

I started to make poutine for dinner only to realize I packed all my baking sheets. Arrrrrg. So I had to cook my fries in 2 casserole dishes instead. No biggie. It was still delicious.

I gotta say, last week and *most* of the weekend were VERY stressful. There's a reason I couldn't sleep and wasn't hungry. Monday I was even having shortness of breath, which I never have gotten before. Getting the keys on Monday night certainly was a big relief.

However, Saturday was a break from it all when I met a new friend Lynne from
Kindred Creations and also her friend Carr, for an all-day cropping event! I also found out on Sunday that THIS LAYOUT of mine:

...won the very first Scrapper Of The Week contest at
Scrapbooking Cafe's new website! Which entitled me to 10% off everything I buy this week. Lynne was kind enough to e-mail me and tell me they were having a 50% off sale, so Monday I headed on down only to find out it was 50% off EVERYTHING in the store...and therefore 60% for me!!! I took the opportunity to reload on rub-on alphas and 3 cans of KI Alphabet Soup...that stuff is so cool and I could never afford to do this any other time!!! Needless to say I'm in major need of letters for my layouts as I have often depended on my computer to help me in that department...and our printer has gone on us.

What else is cool...Lynne mentioned to me about another new and awesome scrapbooking website called
Scrapbook Star and it's based in Montreal. So I go over to check it out...and not only are there a lot of familiar KC faces, but one of the new DT members is my friend Kris from Alberta...my son's godmom, actually! How cool is that?! And to top it off, it's my very first week there and my contest-winning layout has also been chosen as the featured page of the week on the Scrapbook Star homepage!

I'm feeling a lot more relaxed this week. So much good has happened, and I regret that I was feeling so stressed out when itall began that it's taken this much to pull me out of it. I can't wait to get settled in our new place and start scrapping again!!!

2 comments:

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

wow! all of that is stuff to make you smile! congrats on everything!

MaraMay said...

How awesome!! Some well deserved pay off, hey? Gorgeous l.o. b.t.w. Kim!!! Love it! So happy for you that things are starting to look up! You go girl!