Friday, July 21, 2006

Insomnia and insanity

This is the second night in a row I've woken up at 2 a.m. and can't get back to sleep. I tried my hardest not to fall asleep at 9 lastnight but I was falling asleep on the couch before my son was even asleep in his room. I knew this was going to happen. Well, tomorrow's my day off so maybe if I have an afternoon nap I'll stay up till midnight and all will be well again.

Oh, and by the way, all of a sudden we're moving.

We've been through it all before...found the perfect condo last March, were all ready to make the offer but found out our building doesn't allow you to leave your lease early unless you find another tenant to replace you. We decided that was too much of a gamble so we just let it go. Then Don got the idea that we'd try to find a condo again, only this time make our offer "pending a lease assignment" for our current place.Found another place we fell in love with, made the offer, and the guy gave us 45 days and we figured if it happens it happens, if not we'll just try again in December when our lease is up. No more than a day after I informed the office that we were looking, someone decides they wanna come in the following afternoon to look at our place. Nothing like an evening of speed-cleaning in a very much lived-in apartment!!! But it was all worth it...for the very next day, the lady from the office told us they were going to take it!!! Only catch...they needed to move in the last weekend of July!!!!!!!!!

I don't even wanna get into how crazy this week has been. Legal documents, endless phonecalls, faxing stuff back and forth with my parents, confusion over the actual weekend the new tenants are moving in...I have had it. I suppose it's better to get all the stress over with at once, but mannnn it's no small feat to still be in the middle of it all. I haven't slept right or eaten a decent meal in 2 days.

Thank goodness our parents are so generous. If it wasn't for them we'd never have the money to do this. The timing actually worked out pretty well, because my Gran's house in Toronto just sold a couple weeks ago. Which is an emotional upheaval of its own...having just lost her last year and all...but I suppose this is about as appropriate a cause as any for the money to go towards.

And it is a really nice place. I knew it was meant for us when I noticed the bathroom tiles matched our towels. Now if only I can talk Don out of keeping that flaming red shower curtain!!!

1 comment:

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

good luck with the move! Congrats on the new place! and get some sleep :)