Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 2: Monday the 26th

Monday was actually a pretty sweet day for me. A lot more eventful than usual.


Waiting for the kettle for my morning cup of tea. Nutella on toast for breakfast today...mmmm nutella...whoever invented this was a genius...finally an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast!


My morning computer break. Today I'm uploading pictures of New York from my m-i-l's camera, trying to keep track of my daily notes for this project on a Notepad document, and searching the boards at Skrap N' Chat for the link to the Storytelling Frames thingy, also featured on Ali E's site in a guest post from Elizabeth Kartchner. I'd like to try to do a storytelling wall for Antonio's room this summer. Need frames first.


Can't ask for a nicer day than this in April


Gettin' my one decent pair o' shoes on for going shopping with m-i-l. She wants to look for clothes and a friend's birthday gift, and I need to restock at the bulk store.


Picking up my psyllium husk in Bulk Barn


Saw this awesome deal on picture frames in Black's. They have a bit of space between the glass and the photo area and look perfect for the Storytelling frames I was pondering earlier today!


While waiting for my m-i-l in the dress store, 2 different people asked me about my frames. I directed them to Black's.


Home again. Checked the messages and ended up picking up a night shift for Thursday and another 7-11 evening on Sunday.


Preparing to reheat a cup of tea while I keep an eye on the Habitant soup me & my m-i-l are having for lunch. We originally planned to eat lunch while we were out, then we got talking teppanyaki, and maybe waiting and going with the guys at dinnertime since she's going home tomorrow and all.


I was going to say "here's where I fold Don's laundry," until I realized it's as much my laundry as it is his, and whoever starts it doesn't make it their load to finish. Hmmm, life lessons learned! (I never said I housework was my strongpoint!)


Don and Tones arrive home. Tones will soon come in quite distraight, not because of anything at school, but because he's suddenly remembered that in the big MegaBloks bin he donated to the Salvation Army months ago, he left a red Matchbox truck he'd gotten from treasure box at church. This boy has easily over 1,000 Matchbox cars and he can account for ALL of them. His dad actually promises him that if he finishes his homework and violin practise quickly enough, we can stop by the SA to check if it's still there and buy the truck back if necessary. Yes, perhaps a bit extreme, but when you only have one child, and he looks at you with those teary puppydog eyes....



(note: we did check the SA and it wasn't there. At least there was closure.)


When we parked at the teppanyaki place Don noticed the odometer was all 1's. Cool!


Don: "Hey look--it's us not flying to France!"


One of those moments....


Monday = sweepnight


Tonesy is way too involved in inventing a Canadian $1,000,000 dollar bill with a car on the back, to even notice that I'm trying to brush his teeth.


Blue Jays just scored another run. They eventually lost but it was a 13-12 game so at least it was entertaining to watch.

No comments: