Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 1: Well, here we go....

So a buncha girls over at Skrap N' Chat are doing Ali Edwards' A Week In The Life project, and it looks intriguing, so I'm playing along too. I'm a bit later starting it, as Ali's was last week when I was still on holiday out in BC. Whatever.

The idea is you do 4 pages for each day and the middle 2 are baseball card protector pages with pix and journalling cards. I'll probably use Ali's template for all the pages but design my own inserts. I'm thinking turquoise and lime green...but then again I'm always thinking turquoise and lime green....

So anyways, Ali kept track of her creative process by blogging each day. I'm using a Notepad document for now, but I'm going to try and blog along with the rest of them. I'm not going to have everything word-for-word and all, but maybe it'll be a good opportunity to match up some of the pix with the matching memories. I'll start with Day 1, which was Sunday.


Sunday morning I was up bright and early riding my bike...well actually, I was on my way home from a 12-hour night shift. I like to ride my bike to work in the spring and summer on Saturdays because I get daylight on both ends of my shift.


Tonesy greets me home with exciting news about getting the silver medal in Wii Bowling lastnight after I left for work. Yay Tones! Now, it's bedtime for me.




Sunday lounging. Don's mum is out visiting...they were supposed to be in Europe while Tones & me were in BC, but with that volcano and everything they had to come up with a Plan B. So they rented a car, went to New York and came back home the same day me & Tones did.


Don's delicious dinner creation: meatless chicken with pineapple and teriyaki sauce, with noodles & broccoli. Yay Don!


Helping Don put away the leftovers. Note I haven't bothered to get dressed yet. Maybe now's a good time.


Off to the closet to scrounge up something to wear to work....


Night shifts make it hard to make it to church regularly, but I like to read a daily devotion and Bible verse once a day. The sunbeam's a good place to sit for that. Or anything actually.


Tones comes in for dinner and a drink of apple juice. Seems I've barely seen him all day.


The sunset out the front door at work was so pretty, I just kept snapping pictures and then it would get even prettier and I'd have to snap more....


Home from work and everyone's asleep, but I'm wide awake from working night all weekend. Now's when I usually call in my availability for next week.


I used my extra time this evening to upload my vacation pics to Facebook, and it was taking a while, so I turned on the TV to play some Wii, and caught the final score of the last game in the Vancouver/LA series. GO CANUCKS!!!

I have more pics of Sunday but they're taking forever to upload so that's it for now. Sweet Dreams~

No comments: