Wednesday, August 16, 2006

We did it! (insert Dora music here)

That's right. The mortgage has finally gotten final approval, and the house is OURS!!! In Quebec you can move in as soon as you make the down payment, so we still had stuff to finish up even after we moved in. But it's all done now. All we gotta do is pay the bills and not trash the place. Yeah!!!!!

We went out to the Chinese buffet to celebrate. They have different stuff on weekday nights than they do during lunchtime. Tried these little mini-pizzas that were actually made on what looked like wontons...they were actually pretty good! Not to mention this is one of only the 2 places we've found in the Ottawa/Gatineau area that has acceptable sushi.

Bought Antonio's birthday gift the other day...the Cars computer game. Shhhhhh, don't tell him. Oh, and I bought something for myself too. No, it's not MY birthday...but I finally found a copy of Punky Brewster Season Three on DVD!!! Yes, THIS is the extent of my wild and colourful life...getting giddy over box sets of 80's TV shows. But hey, Punky was one of my very first obsessions...I practically WAS her. Hey, who am I kidding, WAS???

Looks like another Wednesday has come and gone and we still haven't gotten rid of these boxes in the front hall. Arrrrrg. Don knows someone who wants them, but he only sees him on Wednesday nights. I never thought I'd ever say this, but I actually want to start organizing things in my house! Yep, you heard it from me. But don't expect it to become a habit.

No comments: