Saturday, September 02, 2006

Still scrapped out....

Well, I didn't make the Scenic Route team. Big surprise there...LOL. It was more just one of those I'm-gonna-kick-my-own-butt-if-I-don't-at-least-submit-something issues. But there is still hope for the Scrapbooking Cafe DT call. They won't be announcing that till later this month. I just hope they got my e-mail ok.

Which makes this next thing sort of uncomfortable to admit...but I have total scrapper's block right now. It's Saturday night, Antonio's out like a light, and Don just took off with a friend to see a late show. I should be scrapping, but I'm sitting here updating my blog. Why don't I feel like scrapping???!!! Sheesh, I don't even have the excuse of no motivating pictures anymore, I just got pictures from my KC Trading Pages partner today and I have to get those done this month. I can't decide if it would be better to scrap and get the momentum going again, or take a few days' break and give myself a chance to miss it a little.

One thing is I can't stand starting something if I can't finish it. And right now I have the stash, I have the pictures, I have some ideas...but I haven't come up with any definite sketches yet. Sometimes that's what takes the longest. And I usually find my best pages are the ones where somewhere in the middle of figuring out sketches I get a creative spark, and scrap like crazy from start to finish while the spark's still fresh. The big problem is I can't deal with being interrupted in the middle of scrap mode. I'm afraid by the time I get the spark Don will be 10 minutes from walking in the door.

I think I'm going to go make some sketches and see what happens.


Update: Looks like I managed to scrap tonight after all. Thanks to Canadian Scrapbooker magazine and the inspirational pages of a scrapper named Manon Dufour, I found some mojo and finished this one off:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MaraMay said...

This page came out GORGEOUS Kim!!!! I love the stitching and all the swirls!!!! Awesome!!

stefani said...

That page is great!