Monday, June 07, 2010

getting sketchy again

Here's a quick page I did today with Creative Scrappers' Sketch 107:



I always forget how much I love the look of sewing and painted edges in my pages. I guess it's a time thing. There's just not enough of it for scrapping these days!

This page has, however, broken my recent multi-pix streak. Seems all I wanna scrap in the last few months has been pages like this...



...and this...



...and this...



Even my one-pagers have been pretty loaded...



Every once in a while my scrapping style will re-gravitate towards using as many pictures as I can cram in there. It's why I originally started using 12 X 12 and I'm constantly on a mission to scrap beautifully using lotsapix. It's easy to create something dazzling with one photo, but come on, sometimes there are 100, and you can only narrow it down so much. Some events just can't be illustrated with a single picture. Yes, you can do multiple pages of one event. I did 26 pages of our vacation to Italy. But even among those, only 3 were single photo layouts. Most had 5 or more per page. It's just how I roll!

That said, it's been a challenge making every page perfect with so many pix to choose from. But then again, why does every page have to be perfect? Why does every page need to be better than the last? Of course we always give it our best shot, but sometimes, it's really more about the pictures and the story than the design and decoration. Gotta keep it fun!

No comments: