Thursday, October 05, 2006

I gotta scrap.

Literally.

I actually made up a scrapping to-do list the other night, and over the next 3 weeks I have 7 projects to finish--minimum. Two LO's and an altered project for Scrapbooking Cafe, two more challenges with LO's for KC, two Circle Journal pages...and I'm sure there'll be more too. Of course, it's really not THAT much when you consider I set my yearly goal at 150 LO's. I'm just not used to scrapping under a deadline...but so far I'm not in a panic yet. Just enjoying myself.

Some of them have been started already...and I'm happy with them so far. Here's a sneak peek at my October altered project for Scrapbooking Cafe:

If there was any illusion about shopping less now that I get DT kits...no, I don't think there ever was in the first place. Sure, the paper is just awesome...then you realize you need new ink to match the paper...and ribbon...and that's how it starts.

Meanwhile, after all this talk about "starting early", I still haven't started my son's Halloween costume yet. I have the box...that's all. I could be in trouble...now he says he wants to be a pick-up truck. Then yesterday I asked him again to see if he'd gone back to the double decker bus idea...and he said he wants to be Mack from Cars!!! Okay, okay...the double-decker bus I was willing to try...I thought it all out and saved a box...but a Mack truck??? Even if I made it...he'd never be able to walk in it! I think I'm at the point where I'm going to finish my scrap projects, ask him one more time, and whatever he says THEN will be what he gets. I'll probably try and negotiate him back to the double decker bus...being as that's what I was planning on already.

Ahhhh. Boys.

No comments: