Wednesday, October 11, 2006

October Rain

Just like last year. Rain rain rain. I think it must have rained almost every day last October, and it's starting to look the same this year. Lucky I'm a BC girl at heart.


At least it was sunny and mild on Thanksgiving Monday. I had thought I'd be working, but found out on Friday that I wasn't...so I got to tag along with Don, Tones & some friends on a beautiful walk through Gatineau Park to Dairy Queen. Gatineau Park is HUGE...this was just a tiny corner where a trail goes from right by our place to a street by the DQ. All those multicoloured Ontario autumn leaves...milkweeds flying all over the place...all the sappy sentimental nature stuff that's fantastic to actually be among but crazy cliché to try and describe to anyone.

So it turns out it was the last day of the season for the DQ...they were taking down signs and putting up other ones with something to the extent of "see you next spring" on them, and they were totally out of vanilla soft serve. Which meant everything you got had to be made with chocolate instead. Oh, the humanity of it all!


There was a huge line up but we all got what we wanted and it was the perfect day for it. Then Tuesday it clouded over and has been like that ever since.

Finished another layout for my challenge on Friday...can't post it till then.

Squandered my allowance at the LSS again...surprise surprise.

Scored a victory for the I'm-a-pretty-cool-mom-after-all side yesterday...on my weekly visit to Toys R Us I found Sarge. The ONE Cars car my son needed to complete his Disney Cars collection...and I FOUND IT!!! He'll be going into the Christmas stash with Nitro-ade and Leakless...but the important thing is all 16 Cars cars are accounted for now!!! Yeahhhhhhhh!!!

Now, if only I could find Flo's V8 Cafe we'd be cruisin!

I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams all.

1 comment:

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

happay thanksgiving a little late :)