Friday, October 20, 2006

What the 80's didn't teach me

Just Say No.

Apparently I can't do it.

My first LSS DT projects (2 LO's and a set of altered cans) are due tomorrow (actually Saturday, but I'm cropping in Montreal all day). Oh, and also sketches, supply lists, and instructions for all 3. This morning, I still wasn't finished my last LO. Oh well, I planned to do it tonight and hand it in Friday afternoon no problemo.

Well, I got called in to work a 3-11 tomorrow. And I can't say no.

Okay...so I'll hand in my projects BEFORE I go to my morning job. We're still good.

So anyways, I'm sitting in the dealership waiting for my routine maintenance check, hoping to relax with a can of Pepsi and The Fellowship Of The Ring before I go pick up Tones. Suddenly, I get called in last minute for a 5-11 TONIGHT. And I can't say no.

Okay...so I'll just tell the on-call I'll be a few minutes late, call Don to tell him I'm out tonight, call Don back to get the number for church so I can call and get the number for the choir director to tell him I won't be there tonight for practice...the car's done...Tones is dropped off at home...and I'm on my way to work an evening shift when actually I should be scrapbooking! Oh well, I'll just finish up the last LO tonight, print off the instructions and supply lists (which thankfully I finished yesterday) and get those sketches finished up. Still cool.

So I get home and am all set for scrapping mode...and I realize I STILL HAVE THE KEYS FROM MY RELIEF SHIFT IN MY POCKET!!! And since it's a different house than I'll be in tomorrow evening, I can't just bring 'em back then.

Sooooo...I'm speeeeeeding back down into Ottawa and back again when I was hoping to be in my pj's watching Futurama while working on scrapbook sketches!!!

I still haven't finished planning out what pages I'm gonna work on for my Saturday crop, let alone even begun to think about packing for it.

It's almost 2 a.m. and I have to work from 10 to 2, then 3 to 11 tomorrow. Not to mention my regular client is probably not gonna be too impressed that I had to hang up on her today when she called me while I was trying to drive in traffic.

And I have a game to put together for the online crop at KC on Sunday.

Soooooo...what am I doing now?

I'm updating my BLOG!!!!!!!!!

No comments: