Friday, June 09, 2006

Crowds suck

I can't deal with crowds. It sucks. They make me edgy and nervous, then everyone in them gets to see how edgy and nervous I am at close proximity. Ugh. Maybe I am just a snob.

I mean, I suppose I can handle them if I EXPECT them to be there. Like last Tuesday, I took my son to the indoor playground at 10:30 a.m. and it was like totally dead there. In fact by 11 we practically had the whole park to ourselves, because the only kids that were there were babies in the toddler area. Friday morning, same time...and it's freakin' MOBBED. Yuck. I almost thought I wasn't gonna find parking...if I hadn't found that one last spot I'd have just said forget it. Which is totally lousy on my behalf, and I'd have regretted it...but crowds and parking are wayyyyyy up there on my stress list.

Anyway we got in and he had a great time with his friend, and I had a nice chat with her mom. That's the beauty of Cosmic Adventures...playtime for the kids...alone time for the adults!

I wish it wasn't raining this weekend...not that I don't like the rain, it reminds me of living in B.C....but Cars is premiering tonight, and we're planning to see it tomorrow, and having said that I don't do well with crowds, now not only are we up against everyone with a little boy but everyone else who's just going because it's rainy. Looks like we'll be buying online in advance!

No comments: