Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Yet another addition to my state of constant self-distraction

Ok...I'll give it a go!

I will warn you, before I start typing away, that kids in my elementary school back in the 80's were never tested for ADHD and that sort of thing...and while I've been through all sorts of lovely titles such as "gifted" and "creative" and "fidgety"...be forewarned that my style of talking does involve a lot of straying from topic to topic as the hormones dictate. Which may suit you better, if your attention span has been shortened from all that cool 80's TV. Have fun!

I don't know how this is going to work out for me. I see the benefits of keeping a journal (though for some reason I haven't ever bothered to since I was 12, except the one I did of my pregnancy and a few pages in Korea), but to my understanding and experience, actually having someone READ your journal is supposed to be the scariest freaking moment in any kid's life. In fact, don't they make some of them with little deadbolts right on the front and all? And here we are evolved to BLOGGING...where instead of locking it up, you post it on the WWW for every freak, weirdo, and other such people like myself to snoop through!!!

So like I said, I don't know how this will work out. I don't know what the etiquette is on how often you're supposed to update or anything. I can't promise I'm always gonna have something creative to say. And I can't promise you will actually be seeing into my head...which is probably a good thing...it's way too disorganized in there!!!...but blogs are apparently public literature so my self-conscious nature probably won't let me reveal EVERYthing that I would were this a regular self-indulgent padlocked journal.

Thank you for coming. Sweet dreams.

No comments: