Thursday, June 29, 2006

Woohoo, 5 day weekend!

Wow. Things sure feel different now that a second person has been hired at work. Now suddenly I can take a day off when I'm sick...and I don't have to work on the Canada Day holiday!!! Which is fortunate, because Antonio's daycare teacher doesn't work on it either!

So yesterday I had the 24-hour flu. I don't know if it's related to what Antonio had at Cars or what Don had the whole first week we were away, but I really hope it wasn't the sushi we had on our anniversary night...that was the best sushi I've had in Ottawa, in fact it's the ONLY good sushi we've had in Ottawa and I want to be able to go back there again!!! It couldn't have been though, because Don had the exact same dish I had and he was fine.

Ironically, I had to go into work yesterday because I couldn't be replaced on such short notice, but she gave me today off just to be safe and I was fine. Figures. But it was nice to have a free morning to do laundry and mop the floor...and take a wee visit to the local scrapbook store!!!

The girl says the rumoured Gatineau LSS will hopefully be opening by early September. And apparently another lady's wanting to open up one in Hull too...this is too good to be true...but also a little scary. I'm already spending too much at the LSS when it's half an hour outta my way in either direction. Now they're plunking one down on the road to my son's daycare and now a second...that may be within WALKING DISTANCE??? Maybe I should rethink working on holidays...ummm...no. Maybe not. I somehow managed to resist the new Prima box set...the colours were totally stunning and sooooo me but I convinced myself I just don't use enough flowers in my layouts to make it worth being in debt over. As always Im sure I'll kick myself for it later.
Anyway here's a page I scrapped yesterday. I've been out of it for a month, but having a broken printer is a real damper on the scrap mojo. No personally edited pictures, no handcut letters, no computer journalling...arrrrrrg. It's like trying to go back to the horse and buggy. Not that I would mind that after the traffic I got stuck in today...but let's not even go that direction!!! These are the first of my totally 80's retro pics which I spent many long hours scanning from my parents' photo albums during my holiday. My mom doesn't scrapbook, so there's nothing wrong with scrapping my own childhood photos, right?
Here's the page I made this afternoon. This was super duper fun to make. These are actually just a set of Sandylion stickers I found in the card aisle at Wal-Mart. They do have a separate line of Cars 3d Jolee-type stickers in the LSS but these were more the feel I was going for. I've actually had them since the beginning of June and have been waiting to make this page for a month. That's what a broken printer forces upon you...otherwise I'd have had it done before I even left for holiday!!!

Hoping new pictures and new stash will spark some new mojo and I'll be back in the groove again soon
.

No comments: